Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Dancing

I know it's random...but I'm thinking about Dancing with the Stars! Over the past five years, I've really grown to enjoy that show! It may seem random...but there is logic behind it. When I was in high school, my grandmother (Elizabeth Senter) decided that she wanted to take up ballroom dancing. So...she did! She began at 71 taking lessons at Arthur Murray Dance Studios near downtown Raleigh. And she was GOOD. She had a blast! She went to competitions - and won! - went on cruises, went to dances in different areas...it was amazing to see. So, when this ballroom dance competition began, at first, I thought to myself, "This has got to be the stupidest idea I have ever heard." (I thought the same thing about Survivor, American Idol, and America's Next Top Model...andI feel the same about Skating with the Stars.)

So...I didn't watch the first year. But I've been in it nearly every season since. DWTS does a fall and a spring season. Some aren't that great to me, but they pulled out the stops this year. I vote every Monday night to make sure that NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER! I LOVE watching Jennifer Gray (Team Jennhougher) dance. Except for last week, she has been absolutely amazing. I'm convinced that she was ROBBED last night - her routine deserved perfect TENS! I don't know why she didn't get them! But I'll be watching tonight...and hoping that my 42 votes (6 votes per e-mail address and by text message) pay off!

No comments: