Monday, January 2, 2012

It's About Time...

Well...after taking nearly a year off from writing this blog, I'm back at it. I figured I should jump back in after I've heard so many times over the past several months, "I read your blog." So...here I am!

Happy New Year!

Ed and I have spent the past few days over at VSP (the Vine Street Project...which will one day become a home, if the construction ever ends!). Thanks to my dad, and our never-ending attempts at remodeling, we're almost done with the upstairs! Ed's been working like a champion n the staircase...he's sanded almost every one of the spindles (we still have to do the ones going to the attic) and is working on Kilzing them now. Once that's done, I can do the repairs to the woodwork.

I spent the majority of the week moving from one thing to another upstairs. After finishing the wall touchups in our bedroom, I did the touchups on the crown moulding in the middle bathroom. I cleaned up a bit (though Ed finished that chore up on Friday because his shoulders were killing him from sanding). I painted the door for the back bathroom, and picked up the two single French doors for the upstairs kitchen, and got those painted. I got the hinges up for the cabinets in the living room (upstairs), and got them completely scraped and sanded, and started repairing them. Daddy got the woodworking 99% done in the middle bathroom, and now all I have left to do is finish the touchups and paint the one side of the door facing that he had to replace.

We took New Year's Day off, mainly because my back has been killing me for two days and I just couldn't rock another day over there. So, since I'm off tomorrow, we'll go back over, and I'll get done whatever I can, and then, thankfully, I don't have to work this next weekend, so I can go back then, too. Hopefully, by the 22nd, we'll be DONE with the upstairs!

When I do get back to work on Tuesday, I'm headed straight to a workshop in Greensboro, then back to the office. There's a two page list from Town Hall and a one pager from NCAE that I have to get done ASAP, so that means at least three long days this week! Here's to crossing things off the To Do list!

No comments: